Old Inn Wedding Booking Conditions
1. All prices are correct at the time of going to print and are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Prices are not valid unless confirmed in writing by us.
2. Final numbers for all weddings must be confirmed eight days before the event, and these will be the minimum numbers charged for. Final payment should be made at this stage.
3. All additional banqueting charges incurred on the day must be cleared on the day of the wedding without exception.
4. All provisional bookings for banqueting will be held for a period of fourteen days after which time such bookings will be automatically released. In order to confirm the wedding, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £750 (Waterfall Suite) or £500 (White Suite) is required.
5. All food and beverage items must be supplied by the hotel. The hotel reserves the right not to accept alcoholic miniatures and tray bakes into the hotel. Should any other food item, such as a chocolate fountain, be brought into the hotel, a handling fee of £125 will apply. This fee may be waived if an evening buffet to the value of at least £350 is provided by the hotel.
6. Any items related to the wedding must be removed on the day of the wedding. The hotel cannot be held responsible for mislaid effects or any items left in accessible or working areas eg: Porters Store, Reception, Kitchen Fridge, etc.
7. Special dietary requirements and food allergies should be made known to the hotel in advance.
8. The hotel accepts major credit and debit cards. Should you choose to pay your deposit or final account by credit card; a levy of 2.0% will apply.
9. Complimentary bridal accommodation will only be provided with 50 or more adults paying full adult meals. Further accommodation can be booked for family and guests once a deposit has been received by the hotel. Bedrooms are not automatically reserved. The accommodation rate for Fri/Sat 2012 is £130 B&B and £99B&B Sun through to Thurs based on Deluxe rooms. Rates may vary. Guests must confirm their own room bookings with credit/debit card. Accommodation types and rates are subject to availability. A wedding party can reserve a maximum of 15 bedrooms once a deposit has been paid. Any unconfirmed accommodation relating to a wedding will automatically be released 2 calendar months before.
10. Should the hotel, for reasons beyond its control, need to make any amendments to your booking, we reserve the right to offer an alternative choice of facilities. The hotel may cancel the booking if; (a) the booking might prejudice the reputation of the hotel including related entertainment or activities; (b) scheduled payments are not received at the agreed dates.
11. In the unfortunate circumstances that a confirmed event has to be cancelled, your deposit will not be refunded. Any cancellation or postponement should be advised to the management of the hotel in the first instance verbally, followed by written confirmation.
12. The hotel will not be liable for any failure or delays in service, food and beverages as a result of events outside its control.
13. The client shall be responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms or to furnishings, utensils and equipment there-in by an act, default or neglect of the customer; sub-contractor or guest of the client, and shall pay to the hotel on demand, the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
14. All evening entertainment must conclude by 12.00 Midnight. No extension is possible after this time.
15. Those parties wishing to give speeches before the meal are advised that a time constraint of 30 minutes will apply. Should you wish speeches to take more than 30 minutes, your arrangements for speeches should be made post-meal.
16. Minimum number of 80 guests and above for any Friday or Saturday booking.
17. A resident’s bar will be made available to residents of the hotel only until 2.00am. This facility may be withdrawn at the discretion of the management.
18. No fixings can be made to any wall, ceiling, light or furniture. The use of sticky tape, blu-tack or any adhesive or tied fastenings is not permitted. Candles must be placed at least 6cm from walls and no candle wick within 60cm of the ceiling may be lit.
19. Ceremony room - No naked flames are allowed. Flowers may be placed in stands or on free surfaces. Your supplier may not move any hotel items without express consent and supervision by hotel management. No items or flowers are to be fixed or tied to the furnishings or walls. We reserve the right to move or remove items which we consider a risk to safety or property damage. You are responsible for ensuring your suppliers do not breach these terms and you are held liable for any damages in the event of a dispute.
20. Banqueting chairs and chair covers – are only permitted in The White Suite and The Waterfall Suite. The hotel chairs may not be moved out of the upper or lower Gallery Lounge to facilitate rented or banqueting chairs being used in their place. Decorative hoods for hotel chairs are available for rental. In some instances this rental charge may be waived or included in your wedding package price if specified in your written details.
21. As The Old Inn is continually in use by the public, many items such as carpets, wall coverings, lights, ornaments and the building itself are subject to replacement or change without prior notice to you and may change after your initial booking. No compensations for any such changes we make will be entered into.